Service is the body of the Company, providing the organization and implementation of internal audit in the Company, directly subordinate and accountable to the Board. Supervision of Service activities carried out by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of the Company.
The mission of the Service is to provide the necessary assistance to the Board of Directors and the Management Board in the performance of their duties to achieve the strategic goals of the Company.
The main goal of the Service is to provide the Board of Directors independent and objective assurance and consulting aimed at improving risk management, internal control and corporate governance in the Company.
The main tasks of the Service are:
1) evaluation of the reliability and efficiency of the internal control system in the Company;
2) evaluation of the reliability and effectiveness of the risk management system in the Company:
2-1) Assessment of risk of committing fraud and the effectiveness of fraud risk management in the Company.
3) evaluation of process improvement of corporate governance in the Company;
4) assessment of the accuracy, completeness, objectivity of the accounting system and the reliability of financial reporting;
5) assessment of compliance with the requirement of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the assessment of the adequacy of systems and procedures established and applied to ensure compliance with these requirements (compliance monitoring);
6) Evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of resource use of the Company and the methods used (way) to ensure the safety of the Company's property;
7) methodological support of the internal audit of subsidiaries / affiliates of the Company, including planning audits, determining qualification requirements for workers, personnel selection, evaluation of the internal audit / auditing committees of subsidiary / associated companies of the Company (by the decision of the Board of Directors of the Company), evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of managers and employees of the Internal Audit / Internal Audit Commissions of subsidiaries / affiliates of the Company.
In order to conduct an independent and objective assessment of the activity of JSC "Kazakhtelecom" is provided:
- The independent status of the IAS by directly subordinate and accountable to the Board. Supervision Service activities carried out by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Keep staff of IAS on developments in internal audit and corporate governance, risks and controls.
- Continuous training of employees of IAS.
IAS activities based on the provisions of the Internal Audit Service of JSC "Kazakhtelecom" Policy on Internal Audit in the JSC "Kazakhtelecom", approved by the Board of Directors of JSC "Kazakhtelecom". Audits are carried out in accordance with the annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
IAS on a regular basisr eports to the Board of Directors on the activities of the IAS (quarterly, annual), previously considered by the Audit Committee.
In order to improve its service activities IAS on a regular basis makes the appropriate changes in the internal documents of the services (in regulations and policies), and develops a variety of documents in accordance with the best practices of internal audit (strategic plan of IAS, method of estimating the effectiveness of the IAS assessment methodology CRMS , typical working paper, etc.). All changes to existing documents and new documents of Service approved by the Board of Directors.
In 2012, the Service successfully passed the external assessment of the company by "Ernst & Young - consulting services" LPP to the relevant international professional standards of internal audit, getting 8 points on a scale out of 10. A high score is proof of the professionalism of the IAS and a guarantee of high quality of services provided.